To continue with my 50 things I’m thankful for:
26. The hubs gave me a rough draft of a book he’s creating of all my blog posts from last year. This sweet man has poured hours preparing it and it is a family treasure.
27. For the first time in my life, I got a birthday card from Charles. Charles is the quirky alter ego of my orange hair, freckle face OS. Charles spawned an alter ego in me named Charlene. Charles and Charlene speak their own language and have unique accents. No one else in the family really likes Charles and Charlene but we/they have fun together. Thanks Charles!
|28. a birthday card announcement from
my cadet in French and Spanish
29. For my birthday, I also received a beautiful letter from my oldest OS. And, just like Nate, he forgot to sign it!
30. Thread – I have new thread. Thread makes things happen. Oh yeah.
|bibimbap, I prefer mine without the egg|
|bracken, fiddleheads, they are edible|
32. My soap nuts arrived. I’ve been using them for two weeks – love them, seriously!
33. I finished a guest blog post – taa daa!
34. At the end of my birthday night, my middle OS Aaron gave me a video of the past year. I cried through the whole thing but only had one big crying snort, it couldn’t be helped.
35. No snow or ice storms on my birthday. For someone born January 27th in the States, those things usually go hand in hand.
|a mama of oliveshoots needs olive fabric.
but now what do I do with it?
36. My road trip to MaryJo’s Cloth Store with friends was joyful. Four women in an SUV talking about everything without gossip is a blessing.
37. I bought some 1 1/2 yards of olive fabric. Any suggestions on what a mama of oliveshoots can do with this?
38. I have three pounds of dried black turtle beans. They are exquisite.
39. My birthday cake from Blue Moon Bakery – simply divine with raspberry frosting, chocolate mousse filling. And it matched my hair. It’s good when your hair matches your cake.
|gorgeous made from scratch poundcake|
40. But before we enjoyed the bakery cake on Saturday with my extended family on Friday night, a wonderful family friend surprised me with a homemade pound cake she made from scratch.
41. Ike’s team won their game! My orange hair, freckle face OS blazed the court on my b-day!
42. My mom does not have cancer.
44. A singing birthday greeting from my cousin’s family. Tis a sweet melody hearing four girls who love the Lord leave a message for me.
|45. another birthday announcement from my cadet – in Arabic and English! I’m pretty sure his roommate helped him with the Arabic.|
|pj pants for a book lover!|
46. I made a pair of pajama pants for one of my two bibliophiles. He’s going to wear them during Spirit Week.
47. Jesus who gave me a redemptive life.
48. Zumba which is giving me a redemptive body (maybe)…
49. Lou Malnati’s pizza from my aunt and uncle shipped from Chicago which necessitates blessing #48!
|50. And lastly, another birthday greeting from my Soldier. I know this was no small feat for my OS to do, thank you precious son!|