|I’ve always known how to have fun on my birthday!|
Tomorrow is a big day for me. I used to think 50 year old people were old. Now I think they are, well, they are…me as of January 27.
Here is half of the 50 things I’m thankful for.
|Class of 2016 = woot|
1. My middle OS has been accepted to Moody Bible Institute!
2. This means I will have a semi-regular pizza delivery boy!
3. I had a wonderful experience speaking to a local MOPS group and I want to do it again!
4. My topic was “Raising Mighty Oliveshoots” and I’m sensing the Lord is creating something.
5. My oldest OS has done so well as West Point that he will be getting his first choice for his post and unit. This means that Nate will probably be going to Fort Carson in Colorado. I suggested “Fort” Cary (we live in Cary!) but he seemed disinterested. No worries though!
6. My orange hair, freckle face OS’s basketball team is currently in first place and his back pain is subsiding.
|Few moments are as epic as when you
and your OS get to meet Mary Jo!
7. I’m going to MaryJo’s Cloth Store in Gastonia on Saturday with friends. Ignite endorphin levels!
8. I soaked some almonds overnight in water and evaporated cane juice. I drained the water and just before putting them into the dehydrator, I sprinkled cinnamon on them. They taste GOOD!
|I’m having a bibimbap birthday!|
9. We are having a Korean exchange student stay with us for the weekend and she is going to teach me how to make bibimbap!
10. We’re also going to be serving squash pancakes and green onion pancakes. This should be interesting!
11. My six year old nephew Jon aka Goo, told me he has drawn me a picture for my birthday. I can’t wait to see it!
12. My aunt and uncle from Chicago sent me two birthday pizzas. I have them safely hidden in the freezer, only the Hubs seems to know. I do not want to share. Does that make me a bad person??? Do not tell a soul.
13. I’m reading my seventh book since Christmas. Shablam! Current read – Saving Leonardo. Here’s a great quote “One of the greatest injustice we do our young people is to ask them to be conservative. Christianity is not conservative, but revolutionary…We must teach them to be revolutionaries, revolutionaries against the status quo.” Click to read this review that compelled me to buy this for my Kindle Fire.
14. It struck me last night as I was sitting with my monthly writing friends, how immensely blessed I am with a diversity of friendships culled from many parts of my life.
15. My house is neither immaculate nor filthy, right now as I type this, it’s right in the middle.
16. I love my weekly Bible Study and the women I share life with. As I look around the table, I admire their strength, beauty and stories about leading redeemed lives.
|Bible Study just before the Army/Navy game!
Had to bring Nate!
17. My stepfather said he would go with me for my colonoscopy! I don’t have one scheduled but since I took him to his, he said he would accompany me on mine!
18. I just finished reading a book about a vacuum cleaner and it made me cry. I thought about the stories my family’s appliances could tell.
19. When I told my mom that sometimes her birthday cards to me are so sappy, I could become diabetic, she didn’t get offended. She laughed and scoffed. We had fun!
20. Loves it when the pastor speaks a sermon custom made for our family!
21. And REALLY loves it when we apply the sermon to daily life!
22. So blessed to have a praying family. We rallied around one of our OS this weekend and prayed with and for him one night. I want to leave this kind of legacy.
23. Realized that I along with the Hubs are raising a first generation Christian family. I didn’t see that modeled in my own family and we’re super imperfect but still, we’re doing it!
|A recent creation I made|
24. My sewing machines and I are getting along. We are enjoying our time together.
25. I made a dinner this week for a teacher who has cancer. I wasn’t sure what to make and brought sesame seed crusted salmon, wilted spinach with a white wine sauce and quinoa pepper salad. She said her favorite thing to eat was fish! I didn’t know that!
On the eve of a big day, it makes sense to have some jollity. Life is a gift. I’d love to hear from you, any of these 25 jump out at you?
Love your writing. I learn so much from you! Can't wait to hear more about what God's calling you to do as a result of your Mighty OS speech!
Loved your 25!! Especially #14!! We're blessed!Big hugs and happy birthday wishes!!Love you!
Wow! That photo of Mary Jo's has me on cloud 9! Love Nancy Pearcy's stuff! Thanks for reminding me that I have so very much to be thankful for and I can't wait to see #26-50!
Love your blogs! I recently heard the 'Story of the Dragonfly" – it hit a chord with me….have you heard it?
I didn't realize that your birthday was such a milestone. I have known you for a long time! :)Number 4 made me shout and cry. Yes! I have been waiting for that… and I am so jealous of the MOPS mamas that got to hear your talk. You would get to meet Mary Jo. Your life is so neat!